Thursday, August 31, 2006

My Travels


After graduating from high-school in 1987 I spent a year in Germany on exchange in a small town called Rotenburg an der Fulda. While living with a pharmacist and his family there I attended the Jakob Grimm Schule. This was a “Gymnasium”, the equivalent of the American high-school except there they study for 13 years. Therefore the students were the same age as I. Since my year I have been back to visit 4 times, once in 1990 for a month. That same summer I spent 2 months singing and traveling with a choir through Russia, The Czech Republic and Scotland. In 1993 I returned to Rotenburg and also Berlin for a visit. Then in 1998 I spent 3 weeks in Hanover, Germany assisting two American brothers who were getting medical treatments in Germany. Again I visited my host-family in Germany during that trip. During December and January of 2002 I brought my wife over to meet my “German Family.” Currently I am living in Germany in order to complete my Masters degree through Middlebury College at Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz. During this year I plan to also visit The Czech Republic, and Italy with my wife and daughter.
BE SURE TO PAGE DOWN AND SEE PHOTOS FROM MY TRAVELS!!! NOTE CLICKING ON ANY OF THE PICTURES BELOW WILL ENLARGE THEM!
My Home in Rotenburg an der Fulda.
My Friends and (Host)Family in Germany



Brussels, Belgium Fall 87'






Glen in Madrid and Valencia Spain Spring 1988



During the Summer of 1990 I traveled with a Choir to Russia and The Czech Republic. After the tour I stayed for 2 more months and met my relatives in Krakovany Czech and hiked through the Highlands of Scotland. I also spent several weeks visiting my host family in Germany again. Some pictures from that summer follow.










Berlin January 2002







July & August 2006 Back to visit and study!

Me doing voiceover work (in German) in the ARD studios in Berlin.